Saturday, September 25, 2010

You learn something new everyday.

Today I learned lots of new things. Stuff about my dad, and family in general. That my grandma actually DID divorce grandpa. Also that she got married at 17. But for some reason there's two things that keep sticking out. First off, my grandma bought her old house with grandpa in 1969 for..ready for it.. $14,000!!! I wish houses cost that much now!! That's just a little more than my car! What the hell?!
But secondly, and most importantly, I found out my grandma quit her job in 1992 to raise me. Because my parents couldn't do it. I can't think of good words to describe how I feel about that. Loved I guess. But now it makes sense why she was also closer to me than my sister. She literally raised me. Not just helped my parents by watching me, no, she RAISED me. And then my parents were like "hey we're going to Phoenix, say bye to the child you've been taking care of for the past 5 years" I can't imagine how much that crushed her. Now that I'm writing this out, it makes me think of in Desperate Housewives when Danielle takes her kid away from Bree. (I clearly need to finish the seasons, I keep referencing them today)
Anyways, tomorrow I'm going to church with Grandma, then going to a Dallas Stars store where I can blow tons of money on Stars stuff :D Soo much stuff I want! I'm still debating whether to get the Ott jersey though. I just can't decide. It's so expensive, but now that Turco isn't a Star anymore, I feel like I should have at least one current team member (although Turco will ALWAYS be my favorite even though he's on the Blackhawks now. Modano is going to take some time.. I really don't like the Red Wings)
anyways, I'm tired and going to bed. Night!

2 comments:

  1. wow. that is truly amazing. your grandma loves you like her own daughter. i found a lot about my family (on my dad's side) on my birthday. I found out things sorta similar to you...sorta(i felt loved) and i found out some not so good things. We should talk about this when you get back. But Michael is the only one who knows this...I had the worst birthday of my life this year. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet. I'm not a huge fan of your parents, not gonna lie, but your grandma is great. I'm glad you had at least one good parental figure in your life, even if she was far away for the past fourteen years. That's more than most people get. She really loves you and you're lucky to have such an awesome grandma. :)

    Dani, I'm sorry about your birthday. :( I wish there weren't any bad things to find out about your family, but I'm glad there was something in there that made you feel loved.

    ReplyDelete