And surprisingly not even about the wedding. Yesterday was an odd moment at work, some girls from Toni and Guy came in to work giving us discount cards, and so I asked if they knew my friend that's training there. They did, and they were so confused as to why I went to school with her, have my license, and instead of working in a salon, was working in retail. And I can't help but feel ashamed. I've had my license for nearly 2 months, I've applied at a grand total of 1 salon. A job that I thought I wanted so badly, that there couldn't possibly be anything better than, and now I don't know if I even want to work there.
Here's my problem; I HATE working with girls, but I don't like men's cuts very much. I hate all of the catty bullshit that comes with working with 30+ girls (and gay guys). With the exception of my two best friends, I really don't have any close girl friends. I get along with Michael's friends better than any of the girls at my school. Guys are just funnier, and way more fun to be around. If you do something they don't like, they tell you. They don't tell everyone BUT you, and expect you to figure it out. It just seems like most girls have a giant dildo in their ass 24/7. God forbid women have a sense of humor.
Right now my job has people that I get along with/can tolerate which makes it so much harder to leave. I actually know and like most of the girls I work with. If it wasn't so ridiculously against the rules, I actually would have invited two of the associates to my bridal shower. But nope. I would lose my job.
I'm just so frustrated with everything. I feel like I'm supposed to leave my job for one that's supposedly 'better' but that I honestly feel like I would hate. Its not the job that I would hate though, I like doing hair, I just would hate working in a salon full of a bunch of stuck up girls. (so basically any salon.) And at this point, I feel like I'm failing.
No comments:
Post a Comment